Signarama Greenfield is looking for a person with skills similar to a general handyman for a full time position. Other skills that may be relevant are woodworking, maintenance techs, carpentry, skilled trades, etc.
The winning combination for this job is a good work ethic, general mechanical aptitude, attention to detail and a professional demeanor.
The job title will be " Sign Technician ". 80% of the job will be indoors and 20% will be outdoors at customer locations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Mask, weed and apply vinyl to various substrates.
- Print, mount, trim and finish various digital graphics and signage.
- Must be able to use an X-Acto knife and ruler efficiently.
- Properly load and use a cold pressure laminator following standard safety precautions.
- Load and cut vinyl on a plotter.
- Load media, inks and generate quality prints from digital print equipment.
- Move raw materials, sheets and roll goods for manufacturing.
- Operate a vertical panel saw using standard safety procedures.
- Maintain machinery in good working order.
- Greet customers and answer phones in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Accurately fill in sign layout forms, price estimates and invoices.
- Assist in operating the store when needed.
- Travel to different locations within the community (using company vehicle) to preview work areas, give estimates and install various types of signs.
- Apply vehicle and window graphics.
- Keep a running inventory of all stock and supplies.
- Maintain an organized, clean and professional store appearance at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be computer knowledgeable and willing to learn
- Must pass basic math and spelling tests.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to climb a ladder while lifting signs.
- Must be able to retrieve various types of substrates from a substrate rack including the upper shelves.
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to lift over 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.50 to $10.50 /hour
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
• Post ID: 29060647 milwaukee